Israel’s Elbit Systems was awarded a contract worths around $80 million to supply its SPECTRO XR multi-spectral electro-optic for an undefined Asia-Pacific Country’s Navy.
Elbit Systems announced today that following competitive technical evaluations it was awarded an approximately $80 million contract by a country in Asia-Pacific to supply SPECTRO XR multi-spectral electro-optic systems for maritime forces. The contract will be performed over a period of four years.
Under the contract, Elbit Systems will supply SPECTRO XR EO systems that will be integrated onboard a variety of maritime platforms. SPECTRO XR is a multi-spectral long-range EO system that provides naval, air and land forces with enhanced intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance (ISTAR) capabilities, in both day and night and under low visibility conditions, such as fog, humidity, smoke, haze and dust.
Using Artificial Intelligence, SPECTRO XR applies multi-target video tracking, Moving Target Indication and Video Motion Detection to continuously scan for targets, extract operational insights and reduce human error.
Oren Sabag, Co-General Manager, Elbit Systems ISTAR and EW, commented: “We see a growing demand for the SPECTRO XR system as Naval and Air Forces increasingly seek advanced ISTAR solutions with the unique capacity to maintain superior terrain dominance even in challenging visibility conditions.”
About SPECTRO XR:
SPECTRO XR features a 7″ multi-spectral aperture (twice the average diameter for this category) and a multi-spectral imaging spotter telescope that combines multiple optical channels (VIS, MWIR, and SWIR) into one, providing outstanding range performance without increasing size and weight, operable day and night and in adverse weather conditions.
SPECTRO XR is equipped with a wide range of digital imaging, high-definition sensors, advanced lasers and overlay features, including image fusion, TV tracker, geo-tracking, scanning and target acquisition, with a high level of stabilization.
- Superb DRI and boresight between the different channels
- Superior DRI ranges and SWIR channel for oblique imaging and extremely long operational ranges
- Advanced image processing
- ATR, VMD, MTI and real-time AI analytics suite
Designed based on Elbit Systems legacy in developing EO payloads, SPECTRO XR leverages in-house sensors, lasers and system technology to enable maximum performance.
- Multispectral optics – one large 7″ common aperture
- Effective standoff payload
- Robust solution for all weather and combat conditions
- Battle-proven system in various operational scenarios
- Fully operational, in production since 2017
- Sophisticated laser target designator and rangefinder (LTDRF) designed and produced by Elbit Systems
- Enhanced geo-pointing using on-gimbal IMU
- Advanced line-of-sight stabilization
- High level of stabilization provides long-range optical performance and laser accuracy on the target
- Integrated with the leading mission systems in the market
Check out Naval Library App to find out the specifications of the SPECTRO XR system.